Hollywood Hot Shots: Caesars Palace in film.
Photo courtesy of Caesars Entertainment
Caesars Palace has a long history with Hollywood. More than 30 movies have been filmed here since the resort opened in 1966. Here are six of our favorites:
- In Southpaw, Jake Gyllenhaal fought for redemption.
- Tom Cruise taught Dustin Hoffman how to dance in the resort’s Forum Tower Emperor Suite in the Academy Award-winning film, Rain Man. To this day, many guests still refer to the room as “the Rain Man Suite.”
- In The Electric Horseman, Robert Redford rode a horse through the original Palace Casino.
- “Did Caesar live here?” Those four words from Zach Galifianakis in the 2009 breakout hit, The Hangover, still get asked of front desk agents today.
- In The Guilt Trip, Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand’s cross-country trip stopped at Caesars Palace.
- Dom DeLuise reigned over Caesars Palace as Nero in the Mel Brooks comedy, History of the World Part 1.